The Notary Agency Etalon offers you to prepare documents for registering marriage in Germany and provides professional advice to clarify all the subtleties of this process. Thanks to the vast experience of specialists in this field, we promptly assist in the preparation of documents for marriage with a foreigner in Ukraine or in the territory of another country.
Typical steps for registering marriage in Germany
The preparation of documents for marriage in Germany can take several weeks, since this process includes the collection of necessary papers, their translation and apostilization, provision of the requirements at the place, as well as visa processing. To do this, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Prepare everything you need to register a marriage. We will help you collect documents for the bride or groom for marriage in Germany in a short time. In turn, the second party living abroad will have to prepare the documents required by the German registry office to formalize an alliance between two persons.
- Get a national visa that allows you to perform a marriage act in Germany and permits a Ukrainian person to stay in this country for three months.
Each item consists of its own list of sub-items, for familiarization with which you can seek advice from our specialists. You can contact them by phone, email, online chat or instant messenger. We are ready to take upon ourselves the processing of all the required documents for marriage in Germany, providing reporting and informing you about all the nuances of the process.
First of all, you should decide where the marriage will be registered. If your choice is in Germany, you will need to follow the formalities described below.
Documents from the German side
At the very beginning, it is required that the future husband (wife), who is in Germany, contact the local registry office and specify the list of required documents for registration of the marriage. The exact list and answer to the question: “What documents are needed for marriage with a German in Germany?” - gives a specific registry office based on:
- Number and prescription of previously registered marriages.
- The presence of children from a previous relationship.
- Other reasons as established by the registration authority.
As a rule, the registry office in Germany issues a detailed list of documents with a description. After the collection process is launched, the Ukrainian side may begin to prepare their papers.
Documents from the Ukrainian side
You will need:
- Passport and its copies having official notarization.
- Your birth certificate.
- Certificate of residence.
- Salary certificate.
- Certificate stating that the representative of the Ukrainian side is not currently married.
All documents from the list are collected quite quickly. Problems periodically arise only with a birth certificate and its translation into German.
Since Germany is one of the countries that signed the Hague Agreement, it accepts only apostilled documents. If your birth certificate is issued on the Soviet model, then it will need to be renewed - it is impossible to put an apostille for marriage in Germany on a document of a non-existent country. This procedure is simple, however, it takes time and payment of state duty. All other documents must also be translated into German and apostilled.
When contacting our bureau together with the cost of translating personal documents you will need to pay a state fee, the amount of which is regulated by the Tax Code.
At this stage, it should be remembered that a notarized translation in Germany cannot replace a similar procedure carried out in Ukraine. The reason is that the translation of the birth certificate into German and all other documents should be carried out only by a sworn translator of the German district court. “Etalon” cooperates with employees who carry out this action in Germany, and can assist in the efficiency of the whole process.
Issuing a German bride / groom visa
Minimum list of documents required for applying for a “bride / groom” visa in Germany:
- Certificate of marriage or a certificate from an authorized person on the relevant action with the date and seal.
- Certificate of successful completion of the course and passing the exam on knowledge of the German language at the level of Start A1, issued by the Institute. Goethe.
- Passport or other identity document of a German citizen.
- Passport valid for at least 3 months.
- A written commitment from the Ukrainian side and a letter of invitation from a German citizen.
- Visa Application.
- Information on material wealth from a German citizen.
- Passport photo.
These bureaucratic actions can take a lot of time and effort. Etalon Translation Agency offers advisory and professional assistance from certified specialists, including translation of a birth certificate from Russian into German. We will help you collect documents for a marriage with a German in Germany in the shortest possible time, provide assistance at the time of applying for a visa and advise on contentious issues. When contacting our organization, this procedure will go through for you and your soulmate as quickly as possible and without unnecessary trouble.
"Etalon" is a legal, correct and accurate translation of documents and assistance in preparing for marriage in Germany from professionals!